CIIT seeks to provide a space to work with various partners to gain a better understanding of Indigenous impact on the Canadian Technology and Innovation sector.
CIIT will look to better understand:
- Indigenous technology and innovation labour trends
- Indigenous technology and innovation contributions to the economy
- Provide an Indigenous narrative on the innovation and technology sectors.
Timeline: August 2018 Landscape Report pending funding and partnerships
CIIT seeks to provide an Indigenous Innovation and Technology Network. This network will provide a common physical space and online/digital network and provide programming geared towards pairing social and technical innovation together.
- Indigenous innovation events highlighting/pitching ideas
- Indigenous youth innovation and technology training/summer camps
- A network that brings together various business sectors to discuss Indigenous innovation and how technology can be used to better the Indigenous community
Timeline: April 2019 Launch Event pending funding
CIIT seeks to increase the representation of Indigenous Peoples in the technology and innovation sectors by offering programming that provides excellence in technology training.
- This 24 month training and fellowship program will provide the learner with a unique on-the-job learning experience.
- The participant will receive: housing stipend, salary, full stack technology, leadership and project management training, workspace and equipment.
- Learning Modules include
- Indigenous Leadership,Culture and Mentorship
- Governance (Security)
- Software Testing & Quality Assurance
- The Basics of Blockchain
- Simple Software Project Management
- Entrepreneurship Skills
Timeline: January 2019 Initial Training and Fellowship Cohort pending funding.